Sunday 28 April 2013

Garden coming along very nicely!


My apple trees are in full bloom now.
Not too many insects around, so I'm having to give them a helping hand.


All the blossom has gone from the cherry tree, and I think I see a little swelling.   Last year we had a to share a single cherry between my wife and I.    It was tasty, but I am hoping for a slightly higher yield this growing season.


Plenty of flowers appearing on the strawberries in the Wally.



A bit hard to see here, perhaps, but there is a little swelling on the pear tree too.   There was ZERO pears last year, so the only way is up.


Some lovely red blossom on one of the apple trees.



Blackcurrant bush doing well ...


Rhubarb doing OK, if a little "nibbled" ...


Sage is in a great state.   It over-wintered and is now becoming rampant ...


All the new seedlings are doing well, with the exception of the beans, which have been all-but-killed by a few rainy days we had recently.   It's the same story in my other plots, which I haven't seen for a couple of weeks now, due to other commitments.


Spinach doing nicely ...


Lettuce might be nibble-worthy inside a month ...


It amuses me to have "weeds" which are actually strawberries.   I can live with that.


Swiss Chard ...


Some fancy kale ..


Leeks are getting mature now, after over-wintering ...


The white currant bush is ready advanced.   It might well give me my first fruit of the season.


Raspberries coming on ...


No comments:

Post a Comment